Sunday, May 9, 2010

Paraset~ Lettering with Decals

The problem with lettering the paraset panel ~ Solved?  Well, I think so.  I now intend to use a method called water slide decal. 

Decal Paper.COM

I chose the ink jet version, so I could use color for other projects.  The process is simple you make a decal pattern, print it off on this special paper, cut out the decal, soak in warm water, apply to the panel and blot.  The next phase involves using a clear enamel to protect the carrier which is a real thin plastic material. 

Decal Patterns:


Power supply Patterns:

Dial Close up:
Note the dial pointer.  I made this from one of the #4 M-F  0.25 round stand off I used in making the friction dial parts.  I found these are really plated brass and chucked up in the drill press touched up the cut side with some sand paper.  I intend to cut a thin line with a razor saw and fill with some black enamel.  I think it looks more finished than just a screw head.

No comments:

Post a Comment