Saturday, March 20, 2010

Linerizing the Dial

The "REC TUNING" dial was the most difficult part to find.  I saw a number of these on e-bay some for a quite a lot of $$.  There are similar dials with 3" and 4" plates to be found.  I could not locate a 0-100 scale dial.

One day while poking around the Junk in California Electronics Supply in El Cajon, CA I spotted two likely candidates. If only could I re-engrave the numbers? 



Oh well, I will figure out that later.  The price was right @ $4 for the pair plus some other junk as well.



So how to separate the parts?  Looks like they were swaged and stamped in with a chisel?

Chucked a grinding stone in the drill press and...

Original machinist markings? Cool!





The 120° holes were under there as well.  How convenient!

Flipped the dial ~ real clean.


Ready to renumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment